After a TON of work and elbow grease I turned it into this!!!
Spencer took pictures as the process went along. To start I sanded and primed the entire thing.
Then I painted it this pale robins egg blue. Its hard to tell in the pictures, the bright lighting makes it look pretty white but you can tell in this pic
I just absolutely love the details at the top of the cabinet and the door of the cupboard at the bottom.
Since the cabinet didn't have a door Spencer helped me make one. I went to the local hardware store and purchased wood to make the door frame, hinges, locks, screening and wood trim. I forgot my camera the weekend I did all that so sorry for no documentation. I measured for the door and Spencer cut the wood and nailed it together. I used my staple gun to screen in the entire cabinet and door frame then used the wood trim to cover up the staples and frayed edges of the screen. Once that was all done I screwed the door onto the cabinet with the hinges and locks I bought.
I am SO HAPPY it is finally finished and I can't wait until the new babies arrive and we can make this house a home