Friday, July 29, 2011

Shays Slow-Cooker Chili

So here is my new Friday go to deal...RAD RECIPE OF THE WEEK!  Why Friday you ask? Because Friday is the end of the week, when I want to go to fun crazy stuff and that does not include sitting at home blogging.  Don't get me wrong, I love you all buuut I do need a social life.

This is my no fault chili...heck who doesn't love chili?!  It is a nice and tangy recipe with a bit of a kick

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 onion, chopped (I like to use half of a red and half of a white)
  • 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms (or one can)
  • 1 cup of chopped carrot
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup of green olives, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 11oz of tomato-vegetable juice cocktail (I use V8 low sodium)
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 4 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
  • 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
  • 1 can of chili beans, drained (optional, I don't care for beans so I don't always use them)
  1. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, bell pepper, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, and green olives in the oil for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the beef and cook until brown. Transfer these ingredients to a slow cooker.
  2. Then, to the slow cooker, add tomato-vegetable juice, soup, chili beans, cayenne pepper, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, cheese, and water.
  3. Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for at least 2 hours, you can cook longer for a thicker chili.
  4. Serve hot! I recommend serving it with tortilla chips and some Zinfandel to compliment.   
 all that is left is to ENJOY!
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so trying this! I have a lot of ground meat and I LOVE chili, so this is perfect! Looks yummy with the parm cheese!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...